Like any good nerd, I ended up watching Spike TV’s Video Game Awards (air date: 12-11-2009). For those of you who are unaware of this geek-driven event, the VGA’s have been around since 2003. A panel of judges nominate the best PC-, Console-, and Handheld-based games of 28 categories, and the winners are then determined by online polling.
Here are some of the notable winners:
- Game of the Year: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- Studio of the Year: Rocksteady Studios
- Best Xbox 360 Game: Left 4 Dead 2
- Best PS3 Game: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- Best Wii Game: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Best PC Game: Dragon Age: Origins
- Best Handheld Game: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
- For a complete list, visit Spike TV
Aside from seeing who wins what, I love watching the awards for the world premiere’s and teasers of upcoming titles. Here are few things that I am definitely excited about:
This game is based off a sci-fi book written by Eric Nylund called, “Halo: The Fall of Reach.” It gives further insight into the Halo universe and explains the origins of the beloved ‘Spartans’ and the infamous ‘Master Chief’.
Tron: Legacy (Movie)
The original movie broke barriers with its computer animated backgrounds and sequences. The new CGI version, slated for a 2010 release, looks amazing! It’ll be interesting to see where they take the story line.
Stars Wars: Force Unleashed 2
The first one put the power of the ‘force’ in your hands and was well-liked by many.
What were your favorite premieres? Did you disagree with any of the winners?